If Slaughter's appeal is denied, his name would go into the pool of players eligible for the April 25-27 NFL Draft. Should he be denied the sixth year, the best-case scenario for Slaughter would be that he find out the ruling prior to the Feb. 20-26 NFL Combine. That would allow him to attend the Combine and interview with teams.
Slaughter, who suffered a season-ending Achilles injury during ND's Sept. 15 victory over Michigan State, likely wouldn't be fully ready to play until the start of training camp in July.
?March or April is when I?m supposed to be 100 percent in terms of healing, but I?ll have more work to do after that,? Slaughter told the Tribune earlier this month. ?You have to get everything back ? your agility, your speed. That?s probably going to take a month or two or even more.
?So I think if I don?t get the sixth year I wouldn?t do a pro day. I would wait out and get healthy 100 percent and then try to get a tryout based on my previous tape. That?s what I?m banking on.?
Slaughter originally signed with ND in 2008 but did not play that season, which allowed him the fifth year in 2012.
best in show bret michaels bret michaels pekingese tcu football westminster bonnaroo 2012 lineup
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.